|Applying for Social Security Disability or SSI: What Social Service Providers Need to Know
Time: 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. is pleased to announce the next webinar in its free series for social service providers: Applying for Social Security Disability or SSI: What Social Service Providers Need to Know
The webinar will take place on Thursday, July 26 from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. This webinar will be at a beginner to intermediate level.
The presenter is Linda Rothnagel, Prairie State's Director of Training. The webinar will address the following questions:
* What is Social Security's definition of disability?
* What kind of proof is needed to show that someone is disabled?
* What are the application and appeal steps?
* Why does it take so long for clients to be approved for benefits?
* Why are my clients turned down for benefits even when they seem to be very disabled?
* What can I do to help my clients be approved for benefits?
* If my client is turned down, is it better to appeal or to reapply?
* Should my client have an attorney for her disability case?
* What should I know about SSI benefits for children?
* Once someone is approved for disability, will he receive benefits forever?
Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
If you have questions about this program, or questions you would like the presenter to address, contact Gail Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Linda Rothnagel (email@example.com).
Back to events