The Executive Administrative Assistant will work primarily to support the Finance Director and Director of Human Resources in order to maximize the time available for the Directors to perform substantive work in leading and overseeing finance and HR activities at PSLS. The Executive Administrative Assistant, to a lesser extent, may support the Director of Program Development and the IT Director in their daily functions.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will have primary responsibility for administrative support for the above listed staff, including:
- Managing the administrative aspects of hiring, recruitment, and onboarding of new employees
- Assisting with administration of leave under FMLA, ADA, and PSLS’ Short-Term Disability Programs
- Maintaining personnel files and related recordkeeping using PSLS’ HCM program
- Tracking and recording compliance with relevant registration requirements for staff
- Serving as a resource to employees for personnel policy related questions
- Monitoring employee time and attendance
- Processing mail daily
- Serving as accounts receivable for program and depositing funds daily
- Entering grant expenses in the General Ledger
- Coordinating centralized supply orders
- Preparing policy and compliance documentation for funder site visits and audits
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, dependable, and self-motivated. Applicants should have:
- Associate’s Degree or a high school degree with at least five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and self-motivation
- Excellent oral/written communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality and thorough knowledge of organization operations, policies/procedures, and people
Salary and Benefits
The Executive Administrative Assistant position is a full-time position at 37.5 hours per week. PSLS offers a salary competitive with similar organizations. Our salary scale for this position starts at $35,000 per year for candidates who meet the minimum qualifications, and increases with each year of relevant experience. PSLS is committed to providing an excellent, comprehensive benefits package to its full-time employees that includes:
- Health insurance, including the opportunity to qualify for a wellness credit
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan including employer contributions
- PTO that starts at 3 weeks/year and increases with additional years worked at PSLS
- Paid sick leave
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave after one year of employment
- Extensive training and education program
- 12 paid holidays
Please indicate “Executive Administrative Assistant” in the subject line and e-mail a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to [email protected].
Resumes accepted until position is filled.
Prairie State Legal Services is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, pay, and promote qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, expression, or presentation, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
Prairie State Legal Services is a not for profit civil legal aid organization that has served northern and central Illinois for more than 40 years, maintains 11 office locations, and has a staff of over 175 employees including training and litigation staff with extensive experience. Our 36 county service area includes rural communities, suburban areas, and mid-size urban cities which necessitates the development of diverse strategies and we encourage our staff to cultivate and utilize creative approaches to reach and serve our client population. Employees of PSLS benefit from the expertise and community connections of their local office staff along with robust program-wide resources. We strive to provide an array of services responsive to the needs of our clients and therefore have developed several specialized projects and maintain one of the most productive pro bono programs in the nation. PSLS has excellent fiscal controls and upholds the highest rating from Charity Navigator and Guidestar. For more information regarding PSLS services and operations, please visit our website at www.pslegal.org.