EVERYONE DESERVES TO LIVE FREE FROM ABUSE AND VIOLENCE
At Prairie State Legal Services, we empower survivors of domestic violence with the information and legal help they need to stop abuse and build safe, stable lives for themselves and their children.
We help older adults (60+) and people with disabilities end abuse and exploitation and find the safety and care that they need.
We work with immigrant victims of violence and trafficking to secure relief for individuals eligible for lawful status or U.S. citizenship, with the aim of improving their economic stability, physical safety, and overall well-being. We focus our services on survivors of abuse and violent crime.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Orders of Protection for people experiencing domestic violence
- Divorce, custody, or child support in cases involving domestic violence or child endangerment
- Elder abuse, including financial exploitation
- Other court orders to stop abuse, harassment, or stalking
- Immigration issues faced by survivors of domestic violence and trafficking
- Guardianships of minors and adults to ensure safety and stability
ILAO Victims of Crime portal (https://www.illinoislegalaid.org/voc/victims-crime-portal)